Welcome! Hoşgeldingiz!

This is for our dear friends and family who have been following our lives over the past 12 years. We hope you will enjoy seeing pictures and hearing stories of our life "Overseas."

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Secure in the Everlasting Arms

I'm beginning 2009 with a Family Blog. I've been inspired by so many friends and family that have created one, and now it is our turn. As I was thinking about a theme, I glanced at a new book I was given for Christmas by my friend Kathy. Secure in the Everlasting Arms by Elisabeth Elliot who is one of my favorite authors. I first read one of her books when I was in High School. It must have been the story of her life in Ecuador with husband Jim. I remember thinking after I read that story "Wouldn't that be great to live overseas with your closest friends!" Well, my life has sort of ended up like that. Mike and I married in 1993 and moved overseas in 1997 with 2 small daughters. Those people we served with have become some of our closest and dearest friends.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world Christensens!!!
    It will be fun to keep up with your many Kingdom adventures on your new blog!
    Love the look!
    Love the music!
    Happy blogging...

    ReplyDelete